Some societies are incorporated under older versions of model rules that do not specify terms for withdrawable, or community shares. In this case, please contact the sponsoring body responsible for your society’s rules to discuss any recent amendments to their model rules that might be relevant to community shares. The sponsoring bodies’ website addresses are:
- Co-operatives UK www.uk.coop
- Plunkett Foundation www.plunkett.co.uk
- Somerset Co-operative Services http://www.somerset.coop/p/somerset-rules-registrations.html
- Supporters Direct http://www.supporters-direct.org/
- Wessex Community Assets. http://www.wessexca.co.uk/
A society can add, delete or amend its registered rules, subject to the support of a general meeting of its members and FCA approval.