Join our next practitioner training programme and become licensed to award the Standard Mark
We are delighted to announce our next Practitioner Training Programme - our dedicated community shares training course which supports emerging practitioners to become licensed to award the Standard Mark.
Our sixth training programme is being held in conjunction with our colleagues at Community Shares Wales. The course itself involves five workshops, applying your learning to your client group which is planning to make a community share offer. The dates for this round are as follows:
- Workshop 1 (Introduction) - 16th May (for Welsh attendees) at Wales Co-operative Centre, Caerphilly / 18th May webinar (for all other attendees)
- Workshop 2 (Community Engagement) - 14th June at Signing Tree Conference Centre, Birmingham)
- Workshop 3 (Business Model) - 19th July at Impact Hub, Birmingham
- Workshop 4 (Governance) - 20th September at Impact Hub, Birmingham
- Workshop 5 (Offer Documentation) - 25th October at Impact Hub, Birmingham
Once you have completed the workshops, you will need to complete a case study assignment to become a "probationary" licensed practitioner, able to award the Standard Mark under supervision of the CSU.
Following this, you are then able to become a fully licensed practitioner, awarding the Standard Mark independently to participating societies. In order to become fully licensed you have to complete three share offer assessments, satisfactorily peer reviewed by the CSU.
The course and assessment fee is £2,000 + VAT per person but we are offering a number of free places for freelancers and individuals from organisations with limited training resources - you can apply for the bursary on the application form.
To apply to attend, please complete the application form which can be found here by Friday 21st April. All candidates will be notified by Friday 5th May whether you have been successful or not.