Event Time & Location
Apply for a place now
The Community Shares Unit and Ethex have teamed up to deliver a half day free event.
We'd like to invite you to join us in Manchester to focus on community shares and how this type of positive investment is being used by community groups and community businesses to create what they want to see in their communities. This is a timely event given the significant growth and interest in Community Shares. Over the past few years over 400 community businesses have raised over £100 million from community share offers.
This is an opportunity to network and to learn about the latest trends and market data.
- What makes a successful share offer?
- How do we all continue to meet good standards of practice?
- Who are the investors and what motivates them?
This event is open to:
- Practitioners (advisors) providing support to societies and community businesses
- Societies considering undertaking a community share offer
- Other institutions and bodies interested in understanding more about community shares
Jamie Hartzell, chair and founder of the positive investment and savings platform, Ethex, will talk about the findings of their landmark survey on “Understanding the positive investor”. This could help people thinking about community shares to be able to better reach out to people who want to support great work in their communities and encourage them to invest in projects and community businesses.
Spaces are very limited at this event so please only book if you are able to attend. Refreshments will be provided.
Please RSVP via Eventbrite if you would like to attend: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/how-to-make-the-most-of-community-shares-tickets-28607165803
We look forward to seeing you there!